[linux-dvb] Re: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 23:20:40 +0100, Andreas Schwenk wrote:
> Am Mit, 2003-03-19 um 22.34 schrieb Otto J. Makela:
> > Check the pins 8 and 16 of the SCART connector on the cable.  These are
> > what control if the TV switches to show that RGB signal or not.
> > Maybe there is a problem with either of this pins, signal on all the time?
> >
> > The fact that the picture is drifting suggests your card output signal
> > isn't quite what the television is expecting, it doesn't synch up?
>
> Pin 8 is not connected, what its purpose ?

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the logic is like this:

pin  8 up = listen to a composite or s-video signal on this cable
pin 16 up = listen to a rgb signal on this cable

I'm not quite sure on which signal the audio is supposed to be switched
and what pin 8 down + pin 16 up is supposed to do.

How about if you jumper pins 8 and 16 together on the SCART connector,
does the TV sound cut off as it should?

Here is a spec of the SCART in different modes:
  http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/eprebel/SoundAndVision/Engineering/SCART.html

> I think the Sync comes from Pin 20.
> The Problem is that my DVB-Card always has always a Signal on Pin 16.
> When I change a Channel on my TV, Pin 20 is cut off, but the
> RGB-Pins still interference my TV-Picture. Although I switched on my TV.
>
> Perhaps its a problem of my TV. It's not the newest.

I think pin 16 should only be on when there is a proper signal on the
video card output.  If it is on all the time, the TV also thinks it's
supposed to show the signal all the time...
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 40 7860457, ICBM: 60N 25E */