[linux-dvb] Re: Getting started

Otto J. Makela wrote:
On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 07:53:52 +0300, Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:

 I have not used much czap, I have done testing with dvbtune, and then
went to VDR http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/ . Is your plan to run
VDR also?  Just test it straight away, might work out of the box.  Or you
can use the perl script below to convert from vdr to czap channels.conf:

Tried the latter, was able to get a reasonable tune on TV1 and TV2,
seems it doesn't lock very well on other channels.

I'll try to see if your patches make a difference to the tuning.

As I said before, it's a bit hard figuring out what one needs to do,
since there are so many packages and the documentation seems to be a
bit out of date...

May I ask, is there some significant reason why there isn't a "spec"
file for these in the tar.gz, so they could also be used neatly to build
rpm packages for the package-based distros, like RedHat and SuSe?
Nobody just had the time to do it?
right, just post the related patch if you're willing to maintain it.
Keep in mind that a seperate driver binary needs to get built for each kernel version (and even distributor patchlevel)...

Holger