[linux-dvb] Re: Can MP3 file be transferred in DVB-C network?

JonasChen wrote:
Dear All:

I have some confuse in MPS and DVB. Our network is DVB-C / HFC network.
I think it is not a error-free network(about 10-10). We want to send a
MP3 file by Object Curousal(DSMCC). But I it is impossible. Because:
it's possible.

MP3 file is a high compress file. None-errorfreee network can not
support sending it. Any error during transferring will make error in
decompress MP3.
Error correction is done on the DVB level by the FEC unit and the Reed-Solomon decoder.

Am I right?
:) you are not.

I wish you can give me some answer.
hope that's what you need to know, you can basically use DSMCC to transfer any data you need.

Holger