[linux-dvb] continuity counter

Hi,

I have made small application which tunes into a transponder frequency, using a technotrend dvb-s budget card and the most recent dvb driver from cvs. I read the filtered stream from dvr.

I have some problems with the continuity counter of the mpeg-2 transport stream packets. There seems to be some packets missing every 1-5 seconds, even though the bit error rate is zero. I have tried to filter just pid 0x2000 to get the entire multi-program transport stream, but the same happens then. I am reading 512*188 bytes from vdr each time. The error seems to occur at random packets within this chunk. I have tried different transponders with the same result; I doubt that e.g. the bbc world mpeg-2 tranport stream from the satellite is incorrect. I have checked that the adaption_field_control is not equal to '00' or '10', and that the discontinuity_indicator of the adaption field is not equal to 1. According to the transport stream syntax the continuity counter should be continuous then, which is not true for all packets in my case. Because of this the playback is choppy.

I am running a Pentium 4 CPU at 1.8 GHz.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

Best Regards,
Harald

---