[linux-dvb] Re: New card: Lorenzen DVB-T PCI (TT budget)

On Monday 14 Apr 2003 11:29 am, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Ingolf Haberer wrote:
> > Hello ML,
> > There is a new kid on the block - the Lorenzen DVB-T PCI. It's a TT-DVB-T
> > budget with CI soldering pads but not present.
> > The PCB is called "B2T1110 Rev. 1.1".
> > The PHILIPS frontend (tuner) is labled "TDM1316L/IHP" and the demodulator
> > "TDA10045H".
>
> The PCI bridge part (all the SAA7146 related stuff) should work out of
> the box, the frontend is not yet supported on a PCI card.
>
> However, a driver is included in Alex Wood's DEC2000-t driver in the
> DVB-kernel tree.
>
> If you own such a beast please peel the frontend code out of the
> dec-driver and generalize it so that it can be used with all types of
> cards...

Calling it a driver is glorifying it a bit ;)

Whilst the DEC2000-t also has a TDA10045H for the frontend, everything gets
passed to it down a USB cable, so I can only guess at what the chip itself
might be after.  Also, the only bit implemented is tuning to a frequency, so
it's rather skeletal right now.

If you do have a go at writing a generic TDA10045H frontend don't be afraid to
completely disregard the stuff in the dec driver, because it's likely to be
very very very specific to the dec driver.

I couldn't find any documentation on the TDA10045H's registers, so if you find
any, please let me know.  It could possibly be useful for reverse-engineering
the usb transmissions for the dec.

Cheers,
Alex