[linux-dvb] Re: New card: Lorenzen DVB-T PCI (TT budget)

Alex Woods wrote:
On Tuesday 15 Apr 2003 1:16 am, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Alex Woods wrote:

On Monday 14 Apr 2003 11:29 am, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Ingolf Haberer wrote:

Hello ML,
There is a new kid on the block - the Lorenzen DVB-T PCI. It's a
TT-DVB-T budget with CI soldering pads but not present.
The PCB is called "B2T1110 Rev. 1.1".
The PHILIPS frontend (tuner) is labled "TDM1316L/IHP" and the
demodulator "TDA10045H".
The PCI bridge part (all the SAA7146 related stuff) should work out of
the box, the frontend is not yet supported on a PCI card.

However, a driver is included in Alex Wood's DEC2000-t driver in the
DVB-kernel tree.

If you own such a beast please peel the frontend code out of the
dec-driver and generalize it so that it can be used with all types of
cards...
Calling it a driver is glorifying it a bit ;)

Whilst the DEC2000-t also has a TDA10045H for the frontend, everything
gets passed to it down a USB cable, so I can only guess at what the chip
itself might be after.  Also, the only bit implemented is tuning to a
frequency, so it's rather skeletal right now.

If you do have a go at writing a generic TDA10045H frontend don't be
afraid to completely disregard the stuff in the dec driver, because it's
likely to be very very very specific to the dec driver.

I couldn't find any documentation on the TDA10045H's registers, so if you
find any, please let me know.  It could possibly be useful for
reverse-engineering the usb transmissions for the dec.
at the end you might want to take a look on the actual i2c communication
to the demodulator and tuner chip, here is a nice tool:
http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html

Alex: maybe you can post the logs for your DEC2000?

Holger

Of course... I was kind of enjoying trying to figure them out, but I could use some expert eyes looking at some of the bits ;)

The packets for the commands and results consist of a header and then any parameters/data. All command packets are sent in this way, whether they're to the frontend or the demux, or whatever.

The header looks like this, numbers before colons are byte number:

{
1: type (0xaa for a command, 0x55 for a result, and I think 0x5a for a failed result)
2: id (an incrementing counter. id's match for matching commands and results)
3: command id (in my kludged i2c stuff, I pass this in the i2c addr)
4: Length of data (in bytes, 0x3c max) (in my kludge, this gets passed as the i2c len)
}

In my kludge I pass the packet payload in the i2c buf.
This is the tune to frequency command and result:
I'm not talking about the USB level but the i2c level communication. Nobody guarantees you that all i2c transfers are intiated by the host PC, right?

Holger