[linux-dvb] Re: New card: Lorenzen DVB-T PCI (TT budget)

Alex Woods wrote:
I'm not talking about the USB level but the i2c level communication.
Nobody guarantees you that all i2c transfers are intiated by the host
PC, right?

Right, but inside the box, there is an 8-pin connector, not a 16-pin one, near the frontend chip. Can I snoop that?
You can connect your i2c snoopy to any i2c device on the board. Usually it's most easy to access the SCL and SDA lines at the i2c EEPROM on the board (usually one of the 24LCXX family) and connect the GND wire to the chassis.

The tuner module pins are good test points too, at least when you know the pinout, the PLLs inside are usually more fine-pitch and harder to access, but if you've solid soldering skills you can connect your wires there, too.

If you have microprobes it's much easier to access the test points, you don't have to solder anymore. But they tend to be a bit expensive...

Holger