[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune / Nova-T unable to lock on frequencyproblems

Holger Waechtler wrote:

'scan -c' scans the currently tuned transponder only, this should always work. Can you please provide a patch for initial.h so that it will work out of the box from now on?
All I did was edit two of the existing entries in initial.h to give them my relevant frequencies, rather than the original ones. Do you really want a patch for that?

Following your instructions here and in the README for scan produced absolutely nothing. It was only because I've been struggling with this for so long that I know the frequencies by heart, that I noticed that it was checking the wrong frequencies, and it took a bit of digging to figure out how to change that.
(just add a patch against the README to your diff;)
You want a diff to add something like "By default, scan checks a limited number of default frequencies. If you want it to check a specific frequency, tune to that frequency (e.g. using szap/tzap/czap) and then use scan -c" to the README? A diff seems a little over the top. I'm sure you could explain this better than I, but you are very welcome to copy and paste the above words into the README if you like.

sorry, I can't help much about dvbtune+dvbstream, I suppose you'll have to contact the author regarding this...
Will do. In the meantime, is there any guide, HOWTO, manpage or whatever to explain how to use the tools in the apps directory to actually tune/watch/record TV?

Cheers,

Bruno