[linux-dvb] Re: controlling the dvr device

Garry M. Paxinos wrote:
On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 13:36, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Ingo Krabbe wrote:

C) so I try to read from dvr0 but ...... nothing ???

What do I need to do to get some output from dvr0 (or somewhere else) know ?
use 'szap -r <channelname>'.

Interestingly enough I just ran into the same problem. While upgrading
to the 1.0.0 pre2 release (I've been using a release from about a year
ago...) I seem to have lost the ability to receive data from dvr0.
The old drivers did not disabled the stream after closing the device and always routed it by default to the DVR device. This behaviour was considered dangerous and therefore we removed it in recent drivers.

I ended up creating a channel.conf listing EuroNews on Telstar 5 for
szap and tried it (with the -r) but still nothing from dvr0.
Are you sure that you let 'szap -r' run in another console while you try to record? All filters get closed and all transfers disabled when szap finishes and the DVB devices get released...

So keep szap (or any other program you use) running as long you expect data.

Holger