[linux-dvb] Re: controlling the dvr device

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 13:36, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Ingo Krabbe wrote:
> >
> > C) so I try to read from dvr0 but ...... nothing ???
> >
> > What do I need to do to get some output from dvr0 (or somewhere else) know ?
>
> use 'szap -r <channelname>'.

Interestingly enough I just ran into the same problem.  While upgrading
to the 1.0.0 pre2 release (I've been using a release from about a year
ago...) I seem to have lost the ability to receive data from dvr0.

I ended up creating a channel.conf listing EuroNews on Telstar 5 for
szap and tried it (with the -r) but still nothing from dvr0.

I am running with a Hauppauge Nove-S

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
Pax.
--
 VP/CTO Metro Link, Inc.                         ACM SIGGRAPH Treasurer
 Chair CEA R7.4                           http://www.siggraph.org/~pax/

  "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
                     but in having new eyes." -Proust