[linux-dvb] Re: controlling the dvr device

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 04:57, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> > Interestingly enough I just ran into the same problem.  While upgrading
> > to the 1.0.0 pre2 release (I've been using a release from about a year
> > ago...) I seem to have lost the ability to receive data from dvr0.
>
> The old drivers did not disabled the stream after closing the device and
> always routed it by default to the DVR device. This behaviour was
> considered dangerous and therefore we removed it in recent drivers.

Yup, noticed that in the documents (HOWTO's...)  I do leave szap running
when I try to read from dvr0

> > I ended up creating a channel.conf listing EuroNews on Telstar 5 for
> > szap and tried it (with the -r) but still nothing from dvr0.
>
> Are you sure that you let 'szap -r' run in another console while you try
> to record? All filters get closed and all transfers disabled when szap
> finishes and the DVB devices get released...

Absolutely sure...

Thanks,
Pax.
--
 VP/CTO Metro Link, Inc.                         ACM SIGGRAPH Treasurer
 Chair CEA R7.4                           http://www.siggraph.org/~pax/

  "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
                     but in having new eyes." -Proust