[linux-dvb] Re: budget oops

Holger Waechtler:

> well, the stack trace does not makes much sense without the symbol
> table. Please post the output of 'dmesg | ksymoops' - that contains much
> more useful information.

Isn't this the ksymoops symbols resolved:

> > Apr 23 13:35:04 sat kernel: Call Trace: [free_uid+44/52]
> > [release_task+41/336] [sys_wait4+779/916] [system_call+51/64]

The oops on screen has 4 hex numbers for this call trace, and
I thought Debian did the ksymoops-ing automatically when
logging.

What else would you expect from ksymoops beyond the function names
in the stack trace? dmesg | ksymoops does not really give
anything interesting before the crash (dmesg only contains the
current session here).

It's not a trace into the DVB code, but I suppose the
DVB driver did something wrong with its tasklets or the
like which results in a regular (wait sys call) kernel
cleanup going wrong when it happens at the wrong time.

--
franck@nenie.org