[linux-dvb] Re: V4L interface to the MPEG stream?

Michael Hunold <hunold@convergence.de> writes:

> As I expected, running it through the v4l1 compatibility layer slows the
> capture down massively. I know how to fix that but I don't have the time
> for it currently, because it requires bigger changes. (I have to peek at
> bttv/saa7134 and see how Gerd Knorr does it...)

> compatibility problems with the saa7146. I think Gerd Knorr has put much
> energy in making his new bttv/saa7134 drivers work with v4l1, but I
> don't have the time to mess with that. IMHO all applications which need

As nearly all v4l1 compatibility stuff for saa7134 is handled in
v4l1-compat.o those fixes should help saa7146 too (bttv has a full
v4l1 implementation and doesn't use v4l1-compat.o).  Fetching the
latest bits from bytesex.org/patches/2.5/ is worth a try in case of
trouble with v4l1 apps.

  Gerd