[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T crashes Mandrake 9.1

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Alex Woods wrote:

> Someone else mentioned problems with irq sharing and network cards:

> Reiner, could you tell us what driver your network card uses, please?

via-rhine, but is the situation really comparable ? The dvb-2000t is
connected to USB, not the PCI bus. Anyway, my problems haven't been as
severe as described in this thread. I'm running RH 8.0 with a custom-made
2.4.19 + low latency patches.

BTW, working with real-time audio software has taught me not to expect
wonders from interrupt sharing if the timing is critical. Swapping cards
to make sure that the sound cards have a high priority and no shared
interrupts has been a routine and time-consuming task. Nothing to do with
the OS, just a limitation of PC-Hardware. I agree that it shouldn't crash
the system (never has for me).

Alex, since I have your attention: does your driver support delivery of
the electronic program guide data, and if so, is there an application that
uses it ?

Thanks,
Reiner