[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T crashes Mandrake 9.1

On Sunday 04 May 2003 6:35 pm, Reiner Klenk wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2003, Alex Woods wrote:
> > Someone else mentioned problems with irq sharing and network cards:

> >ml
> >
> > Reiner, could you tell us what driver your network card uses, please?
>
> via-rhine, but is the situation really comparable ? The dvb-2000t is
> connected to USB, not the PCI bus. Anyway, my problems haven't been as
> severe as described in this thread. I'm running RH 8.0 with a custom-made
> 2.4.19 + low latency patches.
>
> BTW, working with real-time audio software has taught me not to expect
> wonders from interrupt sharing if the timing is critical. Swapping cards
> to make sure that the sound cards have a high priority and no shared
> interrupts has been a routine and time-consuming task. Nothing to do with
> the OS, just a limitation of PC-Hardware. I agree that it shouldn't crash
> the system (never has for me).
>
> Alex, since I have your attention: does your driver support delivery of
> the electronic program guide data, and if so, is there an application that
> uses it ?

The problem might be comparable - so far as I'm aware all the dvb drivers use
the same code to provide a net interface.

There is no epg stuff or any private section data yet unfortunately.  I'm
still trying to work out exactly how it's requested, and what format it's
coming back in.

Alex