[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Re: ERROR (dvbdevice.c,533)

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 06:47:40PM +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Andreas Kool wrote:
> > > Full ACK, but one extension:
> > >
> > > The module parameter "adac=" should have priority over the
> > > autodetect code.
> >
> > Good point! Right now the parameter is ignored (more or less).
> > I'll fix this...
>
> After having a closer look I found that this would only make sense if
> you can specify the adac type for each card. This needs some more work.

Oops, yes, you are right :-(

> We should discuss this with Holger...

Yes.

> For now I changed the detection sequence like this:
>
> | if (crystal chip present)
> | 	av7110->adac_type = DVB_ADAC_CRYSTAL;
> | else if (MSP34xx chip present)
> | 	av7110->adac_type = DVB_ADAC_MSP;
> | else if (av7110->saa->device->subsystem_vendor == 0x110a)
> | 	av7110->adac_type = DVB_ADAC_NONE;
> | else
> | 	av7110->adac_type = adac;
>
> The adac parameter will only be used if the card cannot be autodetected.
>
> Please update your driver from CVS and report whether it works.

Works perfect here! Very good work!

But i dont have checked, if the SCART-Video-Out is OK - i dont have the
hardware for this. So please some other DVB-C user could check this?

> Oliver
>
> P.S.:
> I'll be offline for the next 3 days.
> If something has to be fixed I'll have to do it today.

One thing: Please remove the file "doc/README.CABLE" ... finally ;-)

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool@akool.de * akool@isdn4linux.de * http://www.akool.de)
PGP: 3FBF2411 Fingerprint: B5 35 34 74 25 60 2A 7A  89 06 92 C4 08 BA A5 BD