[linux-dvb] Re: Also getting the 'gotcha' with the scan program and general questions

Well thanks for the info. I may well get hold of a creative dxr3 now
because I have also been unable to get the spdif of my CT5880 sound chip
to pass thru AC3 info and the only solution I can find on google involves
not bothering and using the spdif out from a dxr3.

As of last night though I have made a short perl program usign gtk-perl
that has a clickable list of the channels and uses dvbstream, dvbtune and
mplayer to watch channels. That makes watching channels much easier and
I'll hack somethign else together to do basic recording (streaming to a
file that is playable by mplayer) while i wait until I get hold of a
dxr3. Unfortunately I don't know c++ very well so can't help with the
mythtv or vdr side of things.

If anyone is interested in the perl scripts though I might put them on
the web sometime. Unfortunately when not at work I conenct to the
internet via a phone line :-( from a single room in a university hall
(I'm a student) so no living room this year!

Glyn
--
  Glyn Edwards
  glynedwards@fastmail.fm