[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C status [was:DVB-C in Helsinki]

I wrote:
> Stefan Norberg wrote:
> > I can confirm that the same is true for DVB-C in Sweden.
> > No tuning without the patch. Please include it in the CVS.
>
> I plan to look into it, but current CVS works fine here in Berlin.
> If you patch doesn't break it for Berlin, I will apply it.

OK, I tested with a Siemens DVB-C Rev.1.5, and it worked flawless for
Berlin cable. So I committed Jaakko's patch.

But according to Holger there are some problems:
- some DVB-C cards might not work without the zig-zag scan
- the IF 35937500 Hz might be wrong for other VES1820 based DVB-C
  cards; it might be necessary to probe for the PLL used on the card

If people report that Hauppauge DVB-C cards are broken with
this patch, I might have to revert it...

Please test!

Regards,
Johannes