[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C status [was:DVB-C in Helsinki]

Am Dienstag, 13. Mai 2003 16:53 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi I use a Siemens DVB-C 1.5 and a Technotrend 2.1 in my System, and with
> > the current CVS driver i had many trouble with tuning and most the time I
> > only have distortions and glitches on my Tv,
> > since I use the dvbdiff_6 patch most the time all works flawlessly with
> > good and fast tuning.
> >
> > I live in NRW and my cabel provider is ISH.
>
> Good. Thanks for reporting.
>
> > BTW: I also use a Dbox2 with your Linux driver and never had any trouble
> > with tuning or distortions,
> > is the Hardware from the Dbox2 better than a PCI card for receive DVB ?
>
> IIRC the VES1820 driver from http://tuxbox.berlios.de/ has some
> minor differences. Maybe some of them would be worth merging into
> our driver, but all the register details make that a difficult
> task that requires exerimentation, and hence time.
>
> I think the dbox2 has a different PLL, but it's not "better", just
> different.

Fine to hear that ! that give me the hope somtime everything will be good :)

as I'am not able to program C or C++ i think I can't help you very much,
but when I can do some testing or something else where my poor Linux
knowledge is enough ,
I will spend you my time :)  just let me know it

Regards

Oliver Lorei