[linux-dvb] Pinnacle Studio Deluxe

I purchased a Pinnace Studio Deluxe AV/DV
video capture card about a year ago for
doing some video editing on windows,
though I haven't used  it for about 6
months now.  Since then, I wiped windoze
off my last hd and I don't even use wine
anymore.  I was hoping to be able to get
this capture card working with linux if
possible as it did a good job under windoze.

The DV portion seems to be working with the
standard ohci firewire driver with linux,
though I don't have any firewire devices
handy to test it with.  Until I get my
DV environment setup as it may not be for
a while, I was hoping to get the AV portion
working.  It uses a philips semiconductor
SAA7146 pci bridge with several chips
connected to it through i2c.  Some of the
other chips are SAA7114 and ADV7171KSV.

I tried the linuxtv-dvb driver and after
adding my specific subvendor and subdevice
id, it loaded correctly, but seems useless
otherwise.  None of it's frontends would
work and it didn't support any of the other
chips.  I also found a project with included
support for the saa7114/5, though it uses the
generic i2c driver, where linuxtv uses it's
own mechanism of keeping track of i2c
adapters and drivers.

Is there any other projects that might help,
or would it be possible to combine these two
drivers to get what I want, or is it realistic
for me to even get this card working; I don't
have much experience with playing in kernel
space.

This card also has a third pci device that
shows up, a C-Cube Microsystems iDVx chip
that I think might be an mpeg1/2 (de)encoder,
though I can find no info at all on it.  Any
ideas?

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: BF3C E98B 1BBC 1FB8 602A  CB29 F18B 8778 3B20 4F2C