[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle Studio Deluxe

Hello Loren,

I purchased a Pinnace Studio Deluxe AV/DV
video capture card about a year ago for
[...]
I was hoping to get the AV portion
working.  It uses a philips semiconductor
SAA7146 pci bridge with several chips
connected to it through i2c.  Some of the
other chips are SAA7114 and ADV7171KSV.

This card also has a third pci device that
shows up, a C-Cube Microsystems iDVx chip
that I think might be an mpeg1/2 (de)encoder,
though I can find no info at all on it.  Any
ideas?
I get 2-3 e-mails per year asking for support for this card.

It might be possible to get the analog video stuff working for it (saa7114+saa7146), ie. you can use the card as a video-in capture card, but without detailed informations on how the card internally works, it's IMHO impossible to get it fully working.

Additionally, you could reverse engineer the setting from the Windows driver, but that's a job I don't do anymore...

Perhaps Pinnacle can give you a clear statement wheter they support Linux or not.

CU
Michael.