[linux-dvb] [fbdev@axion.demon.nl: Modules to enable siemens dvb-c cards to recieve analog signals]

Hello Lothar,

After months of investigating I have found a way to enable analog channel receiving on a siemens D1121 DVB Board Rev 1.5 .

The manual linked, at the end of this mail, talks about a module that can be attached to the dvb card to enable the analog inputs and analog channel reception. But nowhere in the manual is mentioned what any information on how to get the module. After much research I found out that it was a module that is marked as non-consumable. This means not available to regular consumers. I have however been able to order one through a german b2b spare parts mail order company. And have it installed, and it works almost perfect(*) with windows95 drivers and software, but I was hoping that support would come to the linux-dvb driver for the reception of analog signals through this module.

The name of the module is:

PCI-DVB Analog Module
product number is: S26361-F1943-L1

on the box, that contained the module, there are two bar-codes one I belive is internal and the other is global:
The internal one (this might a serial number) is: 10600097244
The global one is: 4 040528 145438

The module contains three ic's:

1 Micronas
  MSP3403C A1
  2507 C1H0F
  112937 004 B

2 Philips
  SAA7113H
  C84548 01

3 TI0241 1

4 8L08A
  PGZTC

I hope this information is of use to you. But if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Monchi.
--
some links with D1121 info:

Manual
http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/PERIDOCS/BOARDS/DVB/A26361-D1121-Z101-DE.pdf

Datasheet
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/broadband/dvb300.html#

windows 95 driver
http://www3.fujitsu-siemens.com/services/drivers/show_treiber.php?produktgruppe_id=10&produktlinie_id=24&showprodukt=1&produkt=ACTIVY&produkt_id=443&name=ACTIVY%20300&language=

--
(*) Allmost perfect but for the limitations of the stupid crappy windows. And of course the limitations imposed by the windows drivers/software.If you need these drivers I can point you to them, or send you them.