[linux-dvb] Re: vbv delay/buffer overflows on VBR statmux

At 22:51 21/05/2003, you wrote:
 > According to the datasheet (table 16, p.39), a split buffer
 > configuration SDRAM 160 KB / DRAM = 197 Kb should work.
 > Obviously it doesn't.

It does, but not during playback.
Playback in the way it has to be done on this card is not supported by
hardware and the overflow buffer mechanism is handled by hardware.
Thanks Ralph for all the clarifications and tests with the buffer. I'd quite like to test a current firmware with a 230k buffer and see whether this resolves armcrashes after a certain runtime on the taxing channels. I'm a bit confused as you said you don't have current firmware sources to build one that'd be compatible with the current drivers. Who's maintaining the firmware and could there be a chance of experimenting with a 230k buffer to see whether this is the root cause for instability with DVB-T in the UK?