[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with TechnoTrend dec2000-t USB

> > Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
> > dvb-ttusb-dec         467968   0  (unused)
> > ttusb_dec             467936   0  (unused)

You only need one of these modules.  Try with just dvb-ttusb-dec loaded.  It's
possible having both might cause some sort of race condition.

> > The case is, if I do
> > ifconfig dvb0_0 promisc ,
> > the kernel panics crying about a bug in sched.c (!).
>
> That looks like the same bug i have in the ttusb-nova driver, that the
> section handler is directly called from the (interrupt-) urb-complete
>  handler. This has to be fixed in the driver (and in the ttusb-nova too).

It would be nice to have the output from ksymoops of the panic message, all
the same.  I have tried and failed to replicate it :(

What is the nature of the problem with calling the section handler from the
urb complete, by the way, Felix?

Alex