[linux-dvb] Re: Spectral Inversion (was Re: Re: patch for scan(-t bitfield select))

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
From: "Holger Waechtler" <holger@convergence.de>

no, e.g. the L64781 and the tda10021 report no inversion. Some revisions
of the TT DVB-C card too. The reason for the inversion is probably that
the hardware designer swapped the I/Q wires between tuner and
demodulator.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as "I/Q wires", only a (typically
differential) IF signal between the tuner and the demodulator.
I and Q are the names of the two IF wires between tuner and the demod. It's the usual notation for complex numbers, the two signals specify the modulation point in the complex I/Q plane.

Holger