[linux-dvb] MPlayer plugin and unknown error maybe from driver

Hello,

I have some DivX movies on my VDR's harddrive and most of them are played fine. But I have one movie that was encoded 640x368 with mp3 audio using DivX 3.11 that usually stutters while playing. Sometimes it doesn't stutter, but that only happens 1 time out of 20 times.

I don't know why that happens. I even connected a monitor to the VDR and on tty1 where the boot messages and dvb-driver messages roll down, there is normal not shown much, but when MPlayer tries to play the stuttering movie the following one line is repeated endlessly:

L3: BigValues too large, doesn't make sense 392 384

That's why I mentioned the aspect and size of 640x368 of this particular movie. Does this particular size have anything to do with the stuttering?

Normally my DivX movies are played very well. Except when there are eventually very high bitrates in some scenes. But this stutters are too few to mention. My CPU is a Duron 1.3GHz and the VDR has 256MB RAM. VDR's revision is 1.2.1 and the revision of the driver is 20030622.

Has anyone a clue why this happens?

Thank you for your time

Sebastian