[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

> Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> >> No crashes since the release of the new firmware that included the OSD
> > fixes.
>
> > Yes, I have the same card as you.  Would you mind telling me which
version
> > of the firmware fixes it for you?  I grabbed the latest windows version
from
> > the Techotrends.de site, I think it is dated April ish, and called
version
> > 2.15a.  I have only tried it under windows I think to be honest, but it
> > crashes on windows easily....  I notice that a similar version of the
> > software is know on the Hauppauge site, but I assume the firmware is the
> > same?
>
> Uhm, I don't use Windows for that purpose :) I'm talking about the linux
> drivers only.
> When I say, I have no crashes, I mean ARM crashes. I do have the
> occassional frontend lockups where you cannot tune to any channel anymore
> though. In these case you can still view the OSD or replay MPEG streams.
> Just tuning stops working.

Erm, yes I am running it under linux as well.  Where are you getting the new
firmware from though if not from the windows driver?  I wasn't aware that it
was distributed any other way?

I have checked and I am still getting crashes with the latest firmware and a
cvs driver circa 24/6/03

I think I am confused about arm vs other crashes.  My symptoms are that
tuning stops working, ie tzap stops doing anything, blank picture in vdr,
nothing can be read from /dev/dvb.../ - So basically nothing is coming out
of the card as far as I can tell.  I haven't tried replaying mpeg streams,
but yes, OSD still works in this circumstance.

So is this not an ARM crash?  If its a front end lockup does this point more
at driver issues than firmware issues?

Thanks for any insight

Ed W