[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

> >TZAP reports "signal" of around 3333 right now (10pm at night).  "ber" is
> >sometimes zero on BBC ONE, but usually 0, 1, or 2 on most channels
> >
> >Is this a strong signal?
>
> verror with dvbtune is important. It should be below 1000 if at all
> possible. For BBC I managed to get verror rates around 50 which is next to
> perfect. ber should be at 0 after tuning.
>
> A strong signal shows no or very, very few breakups in the stream.

using dvbtune I get a "Signal" strength around 12500 to 13000 and "Verror"
of either zero on BBC 1 or perhaps either zero or "1" on ITV.  Block errors
are constantly on zero at the moment and I only get the occasionaly audio
glitch (loud squeek) perhaps once a week or so.

This seems to be quite strong?  I am near Wimbledon and probably about 10-15
miles from the Crystal Palace transmitter (which is pretty tall...).

Ed W