[linux-dvb] Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

Hi

I've recently got a VDR box working here (Asus Terminator with a single fan in the entire systerm - whisper quiet) in the UK for Freeview with a DXR3 and a Hauppauge Nova-T. Everything seems to work fine apart from a an issue with the dxr3's digital audio output (ac3 with the dvd plugin stutters, even though with the mplayer plugin its fine). However, I see I can get a Techntrend DVB-T 1.2 full featured card from dvbshop.tv that will give me a few extra features:

1) J2 header for scart output.
2) Ability to use kvdr or whatever for output to a PC screen.
3) One card solution that I could use in a Hush mini-itx silent pc.

Which sounds great, but I've trawled the archives for this list and the 1.2 version uses the SP8870 chip. Now I do believe the dvb driver now supports this chip, and I remember a post which says this card works great in Berlin. But there was a big thread a few months back about problems with the card hanging when maybe changing multiplexors for UK freeview. Were these problems ever solved? Is there anyone out there with a 1.2 DVB-T in the UK who can recommend the card, or should I stick with my current setup, or perhaps something else?

Many thanks,
Andy