[linux-dvb] Re: nonoriginal remote control with Nova-CI-s

michal wrote:
Hi,

my original Hauppauge remote control has too few keys and therefore I want to use another one. But I'm using unofficial patch msp430_ir and it isn't configurable.

1) What exactly must I change to use another RC?
please read DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/README.

2) What type of RC is usable? Is suitable any RC, that uses RC5 protocol? Are supported also another RCs? I want to keep IR receiver plugged into Nova-CI card (i.e. I'm NOT going to build extra receiver and use it with lirc). I tried (without any modification of driver) some RCs (Toshiba VT-11 which AFAIK doesn't use RC5 and some SONY RC which should use RC5) but there was no reactions from driver.
Supported are protocols are RC5 and basic RCMM.

Holger