[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> >I comitted this change to CVS (untested, I don't have a DVB-T card
> >a hand right now). Lets see if it works for other people, too.
> I have just checked out the latest CVS and made sure that the above
> patch was included.  Unfortunately is has made no difference to my
> tuning problems at all.  I still see the card appear to give up tuning
> anymore after 3-6 channel changes.
>
> I will now try Johannes' suggestion of rolling back to the older 0.94
> driver (if I can work out where to download it from?)

I never suggested that.

AFAIK the problem are bugs in the demodulator firmware binary
(Sc_main.mc). If this is true then you should be able to reproduce
the error under Windows, and complain to Technotrend/Hauppauge until
they give you a working card or driver. If it works in Windows (with the
same Sc_main.mc as used under Linux), someone has to find out what the
Windows drivers do differently, maybe be using an I2C sniffer.

I guess that unless it is confirmed that the Windows driver works
flawlessly no one will spend any time trying to improve the Linux
driver.

Johannes