[linux-dvb] Re: full featured card without signal and requited video memory investigation

On Friday 11 July 2003 12:21 am, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> At 22:20 10/07/2003, you wrote:

[snip]

> >I think the DVB-s is a 2.1 - no J2 connector
>
> Most interesting. I'm getting a 1.6 from ebay with broken tuner soon. Let's
> see whether there's any difference there. It it even feasible to assume it
> could be the revision of the card that makes a difference here?
>
> >and the Nova-t is 2.1 also.
>
> Could it be a 1.2 ? I haven't heard of a 2.1 yet?

Could well be. It's been in the machine for over 18 months and I can't see
anything about version number in the logs.

[snip]

> >I've avoided playing too much recently as I've just got Suse 8.2 set up
> > and running to my liking, but I'm certainly willing to try, what first?
>
> vdr-1.2.0pre1 with pre3
> vdr-1.2.1 with pre1
> vdr-1.2.1 with pre3
>
> vdr-1.2.1 with pre3 and a sat setting in channels.conf like
> CNN Int.:12168:V:S19.2E:27500:165:100:47:0:28512
> then "tuning" to it, and switching back to DVB-T seeing whether it runs
> stable for more than a couple of hours.

OK. I'll get these shortly and start playing.

However last night at around 21.00 I added your CNN line to my channels.conf,
tuned to it briefly then back to DVB-t. CPU rose to mid 40s, but everything
has stayed running and CPU is mid 30s after some 13 hours. ATM kdvb-fe-0:0 is
25%, kdvb-fe-1:1 is 1%.

Incidentally, due to my rather cramped temporary accomodation, my aerial feed
enters through an open window so I pull the DVB-t aerial if I go out while
vdr is running. The picture freezes, obviously, but on replugging the aerial,
even after several hours, the previous channel returns after some 15-20
seconds. I hadn't noticed before, but CPU rises to mid 40s in this case.

Andy