[linux-dvb] Re: Australia

From: "Dylan D'silva" <dylan@ozforces.com.au>
> Ok i have asked this for over a year now so i'd thought id see how
> things are going, Are there any cards that support frequencies 6,7,8
> and UHF/VHF which is needed for Australia. TechnoTrend Over a year
> ago told me they where in mid developement of a card that will
> support these features for Australia, But i never did get any
> followup...??

Yes, these cards have been in the retail channel both in Germany and the UK
for a few months now. They are sold as "Lorenzen SL DVB-T PCI" here in
Germany and as "Hauppauge NOVA-T" in the UK (but watch out! Hauppauge
previously sold a UHF-only card under the same name! The new UHF/VHF model
looks like this:

http://www.dvbtshop.de/images/big/dvb-t_pci_lorenzen.jpg

> Anyone else got any advice , I've been waiting over 2 years to build
> a VDR box here in Aussie :).

Does VDR require a "full-featured" card, specifically with a TI AV7110
set-top-box decoder on it? If so, this card will not work for you as it is
a "budget" class card, i.e. it only has a receiver frontend and a capture
chip to transport the "raw" MPEG-2 transport stream into system memory.

AFAIK, TechnoTrend has not released a new "premium" class DVB-T card with
that chip on it.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach