[linux-dvb] Re: Getting in shape for 2.6

Robert Schlabbach writes:
 > But, take a look at http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de - I just found the
 > following post there (in German, sorry to the non-German speakers here):
 >
 > "Ursprünglich sollte DVB-T in NRW bereits am 1.1.2004 im Raum Köln/Bonn in
 > den Regelbetrieb gehen. Allerdings wurde das vorerst zum Frühjahr 2004
 > verschoben.
 > Momentan wird vom Sender Köln auf Kanal 10 (1 KW) und vom Sender Langenberg
 > auf Kanal 10 (1KW) und Kanal 66 (0,5KW) testweise gesendet."

OK, thanks.

 > So you should see if you can get a signal on channel 10 (212.5MHz, 7MHz
 > channel bandwidth) using your TDA10046H card... Depending on your distance

Hmm, yes, first I have to write a driver...

 > from the transmitter, you may have to use an amplified antenna. FWIW, for
 > me here in Berlin, an old "analog" amplified antenna from 10+ years ago is
 > working perfectly well.

How far away should I be able to receive a 1KW signal? The transmitter
in Cologne should be about 15km away (just a guess, I will have to
look it up on a map).
Of course I do not have any suitable antenna on the roof because we
switched to using satellite TV only almost 10 years ago. I'll try with
the antenna from a portable TV ...

Ralph