[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula with any kernel

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 10:03  pm, Richard Walker wrote:
On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 03:48  am, Paul Andreassen wrote:

I don't have a Nebula card but I do have a compiled driver. I'm writing
a driver based on it for a new card.
I do have a Nebula card, and it's working as I type!  ;)
[ snip ]

That was with kernel 2.4.20 and bttv 0.9.4.

Following postings from this thread, I decided to try 2.4.21 and bttv 0.9.11.
In short: it works!

Improvements are:

1. bttv now includes definition for Nebula card, so it doesn't need patching.

2. the 'irq FDSR risc_pc=16d0d008' error is now masked out
(I still get some different FBUS errors, but nowhere near as many)

However, as dvb-bt8xx still does nasty stuff with I2C, you have to apply the
I2C patch to bttv (I just used the bttv 0.9.4 patch which is supplied with
dvb-kernel). The I2C patch is pretty trivial - it just exposes some functions
so dvb-bt8xx can perform some hackery.

Does anyone know how we might go about altering dvb-bt8xx?