[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula with any kernel

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 03:48  am, Paul Andreassen wrote:

I don't have a Nebula card but I do have a compiled driver. I'm writing
a driver based on it for a new card.
I do have a Nebula card, and it's working as I type!  ;)

First thing to realise is that it isn't include in 2.5 / 2.6 kernels, so
http://bytesex.org/patches/2.4.21/11-v4l2-api-2.4.21-rc4.diff.gz .
[ snip ]

Yep. I've done all this with kernel 2.4.20 and bttv 0.9.4 (with the Nebula
and I2C patches from Florian). It works, but I get a lot of errors on my
console and /var/log/messages

bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=16d0d008

which, eventually, brings my box to a halt - almost as if it's too busy
logging them, to be able to give me a shell prompt. :(

The ./insmod.sh doesn't seem to load the bttv.o module so may not work.
I've included a bt8xx-load.sh shell script that I obtain from the mail
list but it may have the modules order incorrect.
Mmmnnn... that looks familiar!  :)