[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >
> > Can you try a *cold* reboot (power-off for some seconds)?
>
> I made the change to saa7146.c line 1286 as suggested by Oliver, and
> now it works as fast as before again.
>
> Should I still do any power off tests, or would this be obsolete now?

I guess it's obsolete, but I've seen some strange I2C behaviour
before that was cured only by power cycling...

Anyway, we should find out if it's really the I2C speed that's
causing problems (I2C errors), or if some other timing is the problem.
I'm going tpo enable some debug prints to find out.
IIRC Robert Schlabbach suggested that we need to sleep some usecs
after writing to the PLL. We could try that.

I get tuning errors with scan which go away on the second tuning
attempt. I've notice no tuning slowdown with other programs.

Johannes