[linux-dvb] Re: Bt8xxx

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 20:03, Richard Parsons wrote:
> The DVB hardware is the Pent@VALUE DVB receiver from pentamedia.

This card is not supported by any of the drivers. Afaik it has a C-Cube
GTX on it for which a driver exists at
http://cvs.tuxbox.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tuxbox/driver/dvb/drivers/media/dvb/avia/
(avia_gt*.[ch]) for an embedded ppc board. This would need some work to
get it running on a pci card on a little endian machine, but I think it
is not that much. Unfortunately I don't have one of these cards. If you
want to do the required changes, you can ask me for help if you're
stuck. If you want to donate your card, then you may ask me, too. ;)

As an alternative you may want to sue pentamedia for delivering binary
only drivers equipped with a GPL license.

Regards,
Andreas