[linux-dvb] driver files issue

Hello,

I wonder if I can get an answer about the use of some files released under
linux dvb V1.0.0.
The files in  question are the ones located in the "driver" subdirectory.
Files such
dvb_frontend.c and dvb_frontend.h.
The Linux DVB API document does not include any description of using these
files.

Could you please provide some feedback about this question as I have got
the impression that these files
are as "optional layer"  to support some hardware platform?

Many thanks for your attention .

Regards.

Jaime
**** Disclaimer ****

The information in this email may be confidential.
It is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.
You should not disclose the contents to any other person, nor take any
copies.

Thank you, NEC Electronics Europe GmbH.