[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T in Australia problem

From: "Malcolm Caldwell" <malcolm.caldwell@ntu.edu.au>
> Yes - I know this.  Of note I live in an area that only has UHF
> digital channels - and no plans of VHF in the future.
>
> As to the 7MHz vs 8MHz issue - it would seem that the card itself can
> work with both - at least that is what seems to have been established
> by various people and the convergence developers.  (Of note I believe
> the windows driver does not work with with 7Mhz)

The problem may be interference from adjacent channels. If I understand
correctly, all the DVB-T channels in your area are directly adjacent? In
that case, the tuner delivering an 8MHz bandwidth signal means that it'll
reach 500kHz into both adjacent channels, which may just be the problem.

The TDM1316L on the newer cards has a programmable SAW filter which can be
set to 7 or 8MHz channel bandwidth. Set to 7MHz, it would filter out the
adjacent channels, which might be what you are missing.

Since the Grundig module was not designed for 7MHz channels, it probably
does not feature a 7MHz SAW filter...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach