[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB API 4 Q's

>Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:
> >
> > One CI device per slot would be fine for our requirements.  I guess if
you
> > had 2 slots and only one physical CI device you could always create
another
> > logical CI device to handle the extra slot.  Was this your thinking as
> > well?

> You're confusing me. What extra slot? I talked about either having
> two independent slots or two slots which can operate on the sae TS only.

Sorry, my mistake.  I understand that you will have a /dev/dvb/adapter0/ci0
and /dev/dvb/adapter0/ci1 device node for 2 slots (or N slots) independent
of whether the same TS is delivered to each or whether you have a separate
TS routed to each CAM.

> The T=0 and T=1 protocols (and others) for smartcards are described in
> public documentation, so I don't think there's anything confidential
> here. IMHO the reason for not having a standard Linux SC reader *driver*
> API yet is that in the PC world these things hang on a serial or USB
> interface, and the protocols are then implemented in userspace. See
> e.g. PC/SC http://www.linuxnet.com/ or SCEZ.

> We currently use a simple character device exactly what we need
> without much overhead due to abstraction/generalization.

I'll have a look - thanks!

Do we intend to add extra #defines from ca.h in V3 to dmx.h in V4?

e.g. struct ca_descr_info

Cheers,

Rob ;^)