[linux-dvb] Re: DVB drivers and Gentoo Linux

Hello bigg,

On Saturday 27 September 2003 00:49, bigg wrote:
> > > Purely out of interest, does someone reading this mailing list handle
> > > the Gentoo ebuild for the dvb drivers? Or is it a Gentoo developer
> > > handling it?
> > >
> > > I ask due to the fact that the most recent ebuild is 1.0.0.pre2 ...
> >
> > Look at
> >    http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gentoo-deutsch/ebuilds/
>
> Wow.. you learn something new every day.... :)
> There's even updated vdr and loads of plugins... excellent...
>
> Gentoo rules in a very amazing way.... :)
>
> Is there a 'proper' way to handle ebuilds from CVS? I've tried looking,
> but the Gentoo forums seem to be running real slow right now and my click
> look at the main Gentoo site seemed to give no clues. Although it was very
> quick since i'm about to head to bed... :)

You can change /etc/make.conf
There is a line starting with '#PORTDIR_OVERLAY= ...'. Remove the comment sign
('#') at the begin of the line and change the line to
'PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"'.

Create a directory somewhere.Change to this directory and do a checkout. The
checkout is described in http://developer.berlios.de/cvs/?group_id=433

At least create a symlink so that /usr/ocal/portage points to the from
directory ebuilds created by the checkout.
Now the files should be seen by ebuld.

Hope it helps.

regards
  Petric