[linux-dvb] Re: mencoder dies when aspect ratio changes

> hi, ive got a nice working setup with a dvb-t running webvcr+ in the
> uk and it works great, but when recording with mencoder it dies when
> theres an aspect ratio change :(

> anyone got a quick fix for this?

I'm not sure, but since mencoder encodes to AVI and AVI (IMO) encodes
stream parameters only in the header, there is no way to transcode
streams with varying resolution with mencoder.  you would have to split
the file, ie. detect change of resolution and restart mencoder at that
point.  don't know how difficult such kind of filter would be to
implement.

Is it actually necessary to use mencoder on dvb-t input?  I'm very happy
with recording MPEG-ES directly to disk.

David