[linux-dvb] Re: It works!

	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: It works!
	Date: sab, ott 04, 2003 at 09:58:34 +0400
Sorry for the delay!

Quoting Brad Campbell (brad@wasp.net.au):

> As far as I can tell, the ASIC is a cpu of some kind and you communicate
> with it over the i2c bus, so short of writing a routine to send
> bruteforce combinations of random data to the chip to see what happens
> (which based on what else I can glean of this card will probably lock it
> up) I'm pretty lost.

I read on a posting on this list by Norberto Prieto, dated 4
September:

> <cut> The asic is a 8051 compatible microcontroller. <cut>

You can try to feed it some 8051 code (there is now a C compiler that
can generate 8051 code: see sdcc.sourceforge.net).

Better than random, in all cases.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe