[linux-dvb] Re: Some progress on Siemens DVB-C analog TV module

Michael Hunold wrote:
Hello Dominik,

So I dug into the driver why xawtv didn't work for me (while it had worked at some time).

Please submit a bug report then. "Didn't work" isn't very precise. ;-)
As I said it didn't tune. If V4L2_CAP_TUNER isn't set, the xawtv skips tuning.

"xawtv -v 2" gives a very detailed description of what's happening. If this does not help, load the driver with "av7110_debug=255" and/or the saa7146 driver with "saa7146_debug=247", try again and have a look at the syslog. It'll show you what's called in what order.

What I found out is, that xawtv queries the device for its capabilities, but (at least for my card) the driver claimed to not to have a tuner, so xawtv didn't tune.

Hm, did you use a recent version of the driver? Mine says in "av7110.c":

static int av7110_attach (struct saa7146_dev* dev, struct saa7146_pci_extension_data *pci_ext)
{
[...]
/* special case DVB-C: these cards have an analog tuner
plus need some special handling, so we have separate
saa7146_ext_vv data for these... */
if (dev->pci->subsystem_vendor == 0x110a) {
ret = saa7146_vv_init(dev, &av7110_vv_data_c);
This is why I added the lspci output to my first post, my card doesn't have the ID 110a, but 1302 wich matches several cards, not only DVB-C.
Additionally, the card doesn't nneed to have the analog adapter installed, so I think it is wise to change the setup after having detected the analog module.

Regards

Dominik