[linux-dvb] Re: Brandnew Nova-Ci

From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
> A Flyvideo DVB-S with SU1278/SHA is working fine for me.
> I think there were some register settings to be changed but I do not
> remember the specifics right now. I'll have to look it up.
> Of course I do not know if these settings would also work with the
> hardware and driver you are using.

To me it looks like the only difference between the SU1278/SH and the
SU1278/SHA is that the A-model has a slightly better noise characteristic
and can take a weaker input signal. I don't see why it should require any
different programming, though, as all the components to be programmed are
exactly the same.

Maybe the Linux frontend driver is not programming the module quite to
spec...?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach