[linux-dvb] Re: Brandnew Nova-Ci

Robert Schlabbach writes:
 > From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
 > > A Flyvideo DVB-S with SU1278/SHA is working fine for me.
 > > I think there were some register settings to be changed but I do not
 > > remember the specifics right now. I'll have to look it up.
 > > Of course I do not know if these settings would also work with the
 > > hardware and driver you are using.
 >
 > To me it looks like the only difference between the SU1278/SH and the
 > SU1278/SHA is that the A-model has a slightly better noise characteristic
 > and can take a weaker input signal. I don't see why it should require any
 > different programming, though, as all the components to be programmed are
 > exactly the same.

Such problems can be related to different wiring of the OP pins.
It almost seems like every card manufacturers tries to
do it different to the others on purpose ...
I had to change OP2 (or Lock) to 0 output or I would get totally random
results when tuning. So, you could try that.
The SHA might also need different gain register settings to the ones
used in your driver.

Ralph