[linux-dvb] Re: Brandnew Nova-Ci

From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
> Robert Schlabbach writes:
>  > To me it looks like the only difference between the SU1278/SH and
>  > the SU1278/SHA is that the A-model has a slightly better noise
>  > characteristic and can take a weaker input signal. I don't see why
>  > it should require any different programming, though, as all the
>  > components to be programmed are exactly the same.
>
> Such problems can be related to different wiring of the OP pins.
> It almost seems like every card manufacturers tries to
> do it different to the others on purpose ...
> I had to change OP2 (or Lock) to 0 output or I would get totally
> random results when tuning. So, you could try that.

According to the board markings he mentioned, this is the 2002 TechnoTrend
card. On this card, OP2 _can_ be wired to the LLC (Line Length
Compensation) pin of the LNBP16 (the LNB power supply chip), but at least
on my card, the component which makes the connection between the OP2 and
LLC pins was not equipped.

If it is equipped, OP2=1 means LLC is on, i.e. the LNB voltage is increased
by 1V (=14/19V instead of 13/18V). If the line between the card and the LNB
is short, the LNB may get a slight overvoltage, maybe that is indeed the
problem...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach