[linux-dvb] Re: (not so) Brandnew Nova-Ci

    Ralph> Such problems can be related to different wiring of the OP pins.
    Ralph> It almost seems like every card manufacturers tries to do it
    Ralph> different to the others on purpose ...  I had to change OP2 (or
    Ralph> Lock) to 0 output or I would get totally random results when
    Ralph> tuning. So, you could try that.

    Robert> According to the board markings he mentioned, this is the 2002
    Robert> TechnoTrend card. On this card, OP2 _can_ be wired to the LLC
    Robert> (Line Length Compensation) pin of the LNBP16 (the LNB power
    Robert> supply chip), but at least on my card, the component which makes
    Robert> the connection between the OP2 and LLC pins was not equipped.

    Robert> If it is equipped, OP2=1 means LLC is on, i.e. the LNB voltage is
    Robert> increased by 1V (=14/19V instead of 13/18V). If the line between
    Robert> the card and the LNB is short, the LNB may get a slight
    Robert> overvoltage, maybe that is indeed the problem...

The setup in question has a powered 5to4 multiswitch, all cables being <=10m.

I'll try a "0" on the OP2 pin as well as the changed register programming
Robert suggested in a PM. I'll report tomorrow.

Thinking ahead, it looks this hardware "oddity" (whatever it may turn out to
be) can not be detected automatically, so we'll probably need a parameter...

	Torsten