[linux-dvb] Re: How to receive a TS containing PAT and PMT?

    Luca> Start Indicator bit equal to 0, but the previous PAT section is
    Luca> already finished, hence I think this is an error (isn't it?).  This
    Luca> is very strange, because it happens only after selecting an ES PID.
    Luca> Also, I receive some PES packets with the Payload Unit Start
    Luca> Indicator bit set to 1, but the Packet Start Code Prefix is

    >> In fact, if I read the source correctly, the driver creates a fake
    >> partial TS from the (P)ESes out of the 711x...

What I wanted to say is: don't rely too much on the Payload Unit Start
Indicator on a 711x-based card.

I see Robert has also pointed this out in msg00326.html, all I can add is
another pointer to the "budget patch", and to mention the hardware section
filters in the 711x, which may also be part of the problem.

    Luca> Before changing the DVB card, I'll try to have a look at
    Luca> this... Can you give me a pointer into the sources?

dvb_filter_pes2ts_init in dvb-core/dvb_filter.c (last but one function) is a
generic one, but I guess the one that's used in your case is write_ts_header2
in ttpci/av7110.c

If you have a fine tipped soldering iron and know how to use it you could try
the budget-patch ( http://80.32.210.242/rdeza/Ttf_tsc1.zip ) . Once you have
this working, it should be the perfect solution.

	Torsten